You are cordially invited to join a symposium on the security environment in Asia and Okinawa’s role in the Japan-U.S. alliance. The symposium will feature keynote speeches by Governor Takeshi Onaga of Okinawa Prefecture, Japan, and former Secretary of Defense Bill Perry, as well as a panel discussion by distinguished American and Japanese policy experts to discuss the Japan-U.S. alliance and security dynamics in the Asia-Pacific region.
*Date & Time: *Tuesday, March 13, 2018, 10:30 – 3:00pm (registration opens at 10:00am)
*Venue:*Capital Hilton Hotel, 1001 16th Street, NW Washington DC 20036, Rooms Federal A & B (2nd floor) *A light lunch will be served.
*Keynote Speakers: *
– The Honorable Takeshi Onaga (Governor, Okinawa Prefecture)
– The Honorable William J. Perry (19th U.S. Secretary of Defense)
– Dr. Morton Halperin (Senior Advisor, Open Society Foundations)
– Dr. Eric Heginbotham (Principal Research Scientist, MIT Center for International Studies)
– Dr. Fumiaki Nozoe (Associate Professor, Okinawa International University)
– (Additional speakers to be announced soon)
*Moderator: *Dr. Mike Mochizuki (Japan-U.S. Relations Chair, George Washington University)
*RSVP online at: * www.okinawa-conference.com
*Seating is limited.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org